diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 inverter future

G00SE

There’s two O’s in G00SE
Scrolling signature solars website I noticed they no longer offer the 6000ex as a retail item, only refurbished
They recently came out with the load center PDP for the 6500ex which implies they are still investing in its future
Just read another post of a member recently buying the megarevo relabel and SS support said (his words not mine) that they try and sway people to the 18k as the 8k has issues
They also frequently bemoan the Growatts that they stock and sell.

So with that being said, it looks like the 6500 is here to stay for a while. The 3000w is fairly new and seems to be selling well. And the 18kpv is selling like hot cakes.

Are we seeing a potential trim down in the inventory offerings to the 3 units as their bread and butter? 3k, 6.5k and 18k? It would make sense. Although a 5k and 10k option would be interesting too. I think @Markus_SignatureSolar recently traveled to the Megarevo location overseas so I may be off base in thinking this is seeing the end too.

Anyone have the inside scoop?

Better buy a pallet of whatever you choose, cause it looks like they change models like I change underwear (I include all similar brands in that statement). I would rather not have "happy-to-glad" features if it means I can't get replacements.

Better buy a pallet of whatever you choose, cause it looks like they change models like I change underwear (I include all similar brands in that statement). I would rather not have "happy-to-glad" features if it means I can't get replacements.
This makes a lot of sense - many of us go into this looking for 10 years+ of service just to get pay back worked out - many models are disappearing long before 5 years is up

EG4 has an upgrade program, china based companies do not

This makes a lot of sense - many of us go into this looking for 10 years+ of service just to get pay back worked out - many models are disappearing long before 5 years is up
That was kinda the angle of my thread lol. Really looking to see what was durable enough to keep as a long term sku. Upgrade program sounds nice and all, but not replacing something that still works sounds even better haha

I'd like to see a few more Lux devices. Maybe the smaller 18Kpv and a replacement for the 6500ex, something in the 6-8k range.

Lux offers both devices...lets see if EG4 will jump on the success of the 18Kpv and slap a few changes to meet NEC2020+ for US market (on the Lux 6-8K and 10K version of the 18Kpv) and obviously include the EG4 label on them.

Last edited:
Back