diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 inverter future

Nah if its in the house or building at all SS knows SA will sneak into the room in the middle of the night and slaughter all eg4 equipment :)
Knowing ss, if you ever connect sa , even wirelessly, the warranty is voided

Dang that's impressive. I assume if there is no hardware connection that sa cannot void the 6000xp warranty?
You would need to have @Markus_EG4 or another representative answer that question.
I would sure hope not.

Wireless?
How?
Voodoo magic.

"Monitoring connection​

No cable is required to monitor the luxpower inverter. SolarAssistant connects via the local WiFi network to the Luxpower WiFi dongle. Monitoring is real time and doesn't go through the internet."

Sorry, I shouldn't have said wirelessly. I should have said through my intranet.

Pie is hard wired and the 18Kpv and 6000xp are connected via wifi.
Screenshot_20231025_221111_Edge.jpg

@n2aws interested in what you want tested.

Nothing crazy, I just don't see an answer in the literature. Just wondering if it can handle battery-less mode, and potentially if it can be AC Coupled to an existing hybrid inverter (ie, will it throttle output as the frequency rises). @SignatureSolarJames alluded to the fact that the AC coupling may come in a future firmware. So, If I can find out for sure if it supports battery-less operation, I'm going to pull the trigger for a small 1600-2400w project I'm working on. I'd like to potentially add batteries later, but not immediately. If it can't, I'll continue my search. But, I suspect it probably can.

You would need to have @Markus_EG4 or another representative answer that question.
I would sure hope not.

Voodoo magic.

"Monitoring connection​

No cable is required to monitor the luxpower inverter. SolarAssistant connects via the local WiFi network to the Luxpower WiFi dongle. Monitoring is real time and doesn't go through the internet."
SA DOES NOT VOID WARRANTY. Luxpower is looking at testing SA to add to the list. It just hasn't happened yet

Last edited:
SA DOES NOT VOID WARRANTY. Luxpower is looking at test SA to add to the list. It just hasnt happened yet
Might want to let SS know about that. Just to be on the safe side :)

Can I use Solar Assistant?​

Solar Assistant is not a supported accessory for the 6000XP, and we do not recommend using it.

Yes, Use AC first during this time and the option to charge from grid during these three times.

Isn’t the warranty only 2 years versus 5 years on the 18kpv model?
Its probably 2 years vs 5 years but all of their stuff gets lifetime support on the forums here it seems :)

Now of course since we don't get paid or actually work for them the level of support is directly impacted by what mood were all in.....

diy solar

diy solar
Back