diy solar

diy solar

Growatt N-G confusion

The "new" panel outside that feeds garage etc has a main breaker that kills the 0anel inside (forgot to mention that part)

Personally I would replace the panel while you are doing everything else. A panel swap isn't that much work. Compared to trying to make something work.

If you ever vacation in montana let me know, jjusta transfer switch was gonna be about 5 grand, can't afford that or a complete swap

I don't know what the cost of living is around there. But if I charged 5 for that, I would be putting over 3 in my pocket.

You are absolutely correct. My mistake.

That's a dangerous animal You have there.

But, if it's now a sub panel from the garage panel.

I would just replace the whole panel.

The newer backup panels are designed with a split buss setup and interlock included. Makes it really nice for a generator or inverter backup system.

So back to the using my power feeding my clothes dryer, if I wire the wire into a 100 amp box and feed the dryer with a 30 amp double poll breaker I see no problem, the growatts recommend a 40 amp for the AC input, if the panel is being fed by a 30 amp double poll and the dryer is then connected to a 30 amp double poll that makes the new panel a 30 amp panel, am I able to connect a 40 amp double poll breaker in that panel to feed the growatts? Seems pointless to use a 40 amp if the main panel feeding the new sub panel is only 30 amps, I'm not even sure why growatt says to use a 40 amp, isn't 3000÷120 25 amps?

So back to the using my power feeding my clothes dryer, if I wire the wire into a 100 amp box and feed the dryer with a 30 amp double poll breaker I see no problem, the growatts recommend a 40 amp for the AC input, if the panel is being fed by a 30 amp double poll and the dryer is then connected to a 30 amp double poll that makes the new panel a 30 amp panel, am I able to connect a 40 amp double poll breaker in that panel to feed the growatts? Seems pointless to use a 40 amp if the main panel feeding the new sub panel is only 30 amps, I'm not even sure why growatt says to use a 40 amp, isn't 3000÷120 25 amps?
Just use a 30a breaker.
40a is recommended to cover pass through loads and AC charging.

Back