diy solar

diy solar

Just Place new Order on Alibaba- 280AH x 8 for 1260.00 USD Delivered, Grade A to Canada

What do you mean? I assume the damage is because the packages get tossed around without consideration of the contents on the long journey across the sea.
I am not sure the 'Sea' part makes a difference...other then it might have more opportunity to be tossed around. The packaging was very good...no reason they would be damaged with normal handling. My only 'concern' is they are quite heavy...which may make them tougher to handle...and maybe more prone to be dropped as a result...

What do you mean? I assume the damage is because the packages get tossed around without consideration of the contents on the long journey across the sea.
I would agree with this. The packages are very heavy and from the outside of the package I didn't even initially notice the damage because it was wrapped in several layers of tape and they did such a good job of packaging it from the inside as well. But easy to see how this heavy box could easily be tossed around during it's one month journey. Amy sent me pictures of how they are packaging the cells now and no cells are exposed to the corners of the boxes, so that should greatly cut down on this happening.

I could be wrong, but from 35 years in the trucking industry including hauling stuff from the docks. I would think the boxes are loaded inside a Conex shipping container with a whole bunch of other freight going to the same docks to be unloaded. I don't think freight moving from major port to major port is loaded loose into the cargo hold of a freighter anymore. So the package is handled once at XUBA. IDK how many times getting to where it is loaded into a CONEX Box. The stuff in a CONEX Box is stuffed as tight as possible to best use the space inside it. It shouldn't be handled again till it reaches the destination Port. If the box was dropped, IMO, it was either in China, before loaded into a CONEX, or at the destination, after it was unloaded from the container. Individual boxes don't get "tossed around" at sea, except maybe stuff loaded on a Tramp Freighter. Those ships don't operate between major ports hauling this kind of cargo.

Air Freight boxes would be handled more as individual boxes. Specially if they're loaded into passenger planes as extra cargo for intercontinental flights. My box has a Korean Air lable coming into LAX. During my trucking career I spent a couple of years working the Air Freight side, too, for 4 of the major US shippers in the late 80s. Don't ever remember seeing a Korean Air cargo aircraft at the airport. I don't know if they have any dedicated cargo only aircraft.

That is what I mean about not having to do this. I handled many boxes of cheap crap from China and their boxes were some of the flimsiest ones using the crappiest cardboard of all. Both the inner and outer boxes my cells came in were high quality boxes. TBH, they were some of the best cardboard boxes I have ever seen come out of China.

Last edited:
@Sgt Raven ah yes I see what you mean. And I agree fully- it’s not the method of transport, but rather the people doing the handling that make all the difference!
Those of us higher on the pecking order called them Freight Monkeys. I have seen people loading/unloading inside a trailer, take a box marked Fragile Models. aka plastic models like cars or airplanes. Place the box on the floor and stand on it to reach others in the trailer. I have a pretty damn good eye for how a group of boxes will fit in a given space. I was helping the keyboard player in our band load his stuff after a gig. He had a little Geo Metro. When I was done, he took his phone and snapped a picture, so he could remember how best to pack the stuff. He was amazed at how tightly I packed his gear.

You want to see something handled carefully? I brought in a Guitar being shipped Red Label next day Air from my UPS route. It was insured for $50k USD. A manager met me at my truck and hand carried it to be loaded in a a Air Freight container. I would be willing to bet, it was handled just as careful at the other end.

I knew someone who worked for one of the major freight carriers as a warehouse worker. I won't name the carrier, but pretty sure it doesn't matter.
He worked at 1 facility for a couple years and moved and transferred his job. The cultures at the facilities were completely different. At the first facility they were very conscientious and handled packages as carefully as they could ..... at the 2nd one it was a poorly managed facility with unhappy employees and it was a fiasco. If a package went thru that facility marked fragile, it created more of a challenge to how badly it could be broken. Impromptu games were were invented using the packages.

If you got a damaged package it probably went thru a warehouse like #2. The only way to prevent the bad handling would be to choose a different carrier since another package will probably take the same route if using the same carrier.

Lots of times it wasn't trying to damage things. If what you're loading is real light weight and it's a high cube trailer. You pack things all the way to the roof. You don't have a ladder to get the stuff up there. So you build it as high as you can from the deck. Then you start the next row. Once you get it part way up, you stand on that row to finish the first row across. Lots of times it's half dark inside the trailer, too. Sometimes you start a 3rd row to climb on to get on a higher 2nd row. You try and place things so the levels interlock, which holds things together, better. A pallet of rectangular boxes is more stable than one of square boxes. Because the pattern swaps each layer and the next layer lays across the joints in the one underneath it.

Thanks for the Morale Boost Pacer & Others.

She was just following up on my suggestions and got this OK'd from upstairs too. She's already nailed down offering cases which should be posted next week hopefully. IF/When they will carry Chargery BMS' and related hardware I dunno, she's still working on that, but they are in contact with Jason @ Chargery so who knows.
Steve, any update from Amy on offering cases?

I’ve been away from this thread for the past month, wow things have changed quite a bit haha. However, just want to also say thanks for all your input and support! I know I surely appreciate it.

Steve, any update from Amy on offering cases?

I’ve been away from this thread for the past month, wow things have changed quite a bit haha. However, just want to also say thanks for all your input and support! I know I surely appreciate it.
No word yet, Amy apparently had lined up a supplier but that's the last I heard.

After looking further, I can see damage on the outside box in the same corner the battery was sitting in, and I took out the internal, 2nd box it was in, and the same corner of that box is damaged right where the battery was sitting.

My boxes both inside box and outside box are not damaged at all. All four batteries were damaged. Oddly enough, two had damage on the bottom corner and two had damage on the top corner. This could not have happened in transit IMHO. There would be damage visible on the inside box at a minimum.

Been searched hard and have placed an order with an Assured Alibaba company Shenzhen Xuba Electronic Trading Co., Ltd. They will select well balanced cells with matching resistance and they promise to send me a video of my cells being matched and tested before they ship. I will do a full test of capacity and balancing as sooon as I get. Shipping by air.

Michael
View attachment 5127

I placed a order with Wan Amy at Shenzhen Xuba Electronic Trading Co on 3/6/2020 they arrived yesterday. Well packaged and in perfect condition, I am very happy with my purchase and would purchase from them again.

Attachments

• 5980884130426877851.jpg
    5980884130426877851.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 66
  • 5980884130426900724.jpg
    5980884130426900724.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 67
I placed a order with Wan Amy at Shenzhen Xuba Electronic Trading Co on 3/6/2020 they arrived yesterday. Well packaged and in perfect condition, I am very happy with my purchase and would purchase from them again.

Shipped via boat ? Who was your USA delivery company ?

Wan Amy just sent me the specifications sheet on the LifePO4 280ah battery
I have not seen this in any of the forums so I will post it here for everyone's benefit.

Attachments

• LF280-72174.pdf
    690 KB · Views: 71
Back