diy solar

diy solar

Nothing like planning everything out or thinking your set to have it turned upside down

I'm not sure the exact height. Anything over 10 feet ladder wise might as well be 1000 feet to me :)

I know my gorilla ladder is 30 feet stretched out fully and it won't reach the second floor outside the house.

The house has 10 foot ceilings I think. When going up the stairs to the second floor you go up 15 feet or more to a landing and then you turn and go up another flight of stairs to actually reach the second floor. So I guess its technically 3 stories tall height wise?

Not really comfortable sticking modern pics up of the place on the internet but here is a shot of it from 1964.

View attachment 156590
Cool house! Cool story on it too.

Have you thought about an inverter window AC unit like the Midea?

I bookmarked this one already :

I wanting to get more panels first.

I would like inverted "U" like that, but heat pump as well as A/C.
For about 200sf.
If inverter drive, want power factor correction.
Any suggestions?
I would of wanted to heat function but if I go with this it will just be temporary till I install the mr cool central air heat pump deal later on. I have a central air type gas furnace now but it doesn't have cooling. By replacing it with the mr cool unit I would gain cooling and keep heating to all of the house.

Maybe kids today are all rich.
Just satisfied to watch their phone all day.
When my grandkids friends come over with them the first thing they want is the WiFi password.

I told them I didn’t have one ?

Im lucky. My Kids were raised without phones and they have raised their kids the same way.

I'm not sure the exact height. Anything over 10 feet ladder wise might as well be 1000 feet to me :)

I know my gorilla ladder is 30 feet stretched out fully and it won't reach the second floor outside the house.

The house has 10 foot ceilings I think. When going up the stairs to the second floor you go up 15 feet or more to a landing and then you turn and go up another flight of stairs to actually reach the second floor. So I guess its technically 3 stories tall height wise?

Not really comfortable sticking modern pics up of the place on the internet but here is a shot of it from 1964.

View attachment 156590
Everyone on this forum must be rich and have a big house except me…. Just a lot of land out in the blue ridge boondocks ,a well , A small Mobil home for the wife and a 35 ft rv for me…nothin around here but critters… and they won’t even help with the work around here..
woe is me …. Brotha can ya spare a dime…?

Looks like a single hose. The thing is all that hot air blasting out the hose has to be replaced in the house. That means hot air from outside is being sucked in though every crack in the entire house.
Yes, get rid of that thing. You want a dual hose unit with separate hose for outside intake and return air. Or get a Midea U 12k. Costco just had them on sale for $340 but they are back to $420 price. Maybe wait for another sale. Don't buy it via delivery or chances are it will arrive damaged.

Just satisfied to watch their phone all day.
When my grandkids friends come over with them the first thing they want is the WiFi password.

I told them I didn’t have one ?

Im lucky. My Kids were raised without phones and they have raised their kids the same way.
I've fussed with my daughter about her giving the grand daughter a phone. It was the "all the kids have them now" argument she tried. Wasn't impressed but what can ya do really.

Yes, get rid of that thing. You want a dual hose unit with separate hose for outside intake and return air. Or get a Midea U 12k. Costco just had them on sale for $340 but they are back to $420 price. Maybe wait for another sale. Don't buy it via delivery or chances are it will arrive damaged.
I'm not buying another roll around. I would buy the window unit we were discussion further back in the thread before buying another roll around. The thing EATS power which I'm sure has to do with bringing more hot air in upstairs but with the having to drain the water out of it from time to time and the room it takes up I'll pass.

Right now I just need more panels to make up for the increased power usage. I'm trying to get my money back from sungold right now for the failed order from them to order from somewhere else.

Sorry, I just gotta say, all this talk about A/C all the time, it's seems so strange, just open the windows at night, let the house cool, and next morning as the sun comes out, close the windows again. Repeat daily...
One of the (few) benefits of living a bit further north I guess!? (just joking around, couldn't resist!)

Sorry, I just gotta say, all this talk about A/C all the time, it's seems so strange, just open the windows at night, let the house cool, and next morning as the sun comes out, close the windows again. Repeat daily...
One of the (few) benefits of living a bit further north I guess!? (just joking around, couldn't resist!)
Yeah that doesnt really work that well in Alabama. Upstairs stays hot and downstairs builds up enough humidity to grow ferns on the walls :)

Brotha ya already rich!
Yea, in many ways your right….and sometimes I think about the big houses, and boats and places I have been and seen…I willfully left the city 8 years ago ,running my businesses and wheel- in and dealing…times were fun , the women were fast …..everyone smiles ,but no one is a your friend…

nowdays other than wife ,I go days without seeing another human and many days with out saying a word except to myself or the usual assortment of critters that come sit around around to visit…

I work on my system, plan the next steps,,, and have gotten to the point when I do go to town , it’s like everyone is jacked up on old school speed…ha ha ha …what’s wrong with you people …chill.

thst why I left…wouldn’t go back …. But somtimes I think back on hanging off a streetlight pole on South Beach Blvd at 2.00 a.m. On a New Year’s Eve….music blaring from every bar and ten thousand whacked people all out in the street..
somthing to be said for that too….
J.

Yeah that doesnt really work that well in Alabama. Upstairs stays hot and downstairs builds up enough humidity to grow ferns on the walls :)
I spent my youth in B,ham… hanging around Eastlake mall , and Pasquale’s pizza place .used to go parking near the Ironman statue..

Truth is, we have seen 44C (111F) in July, but it does normally cool off every night, at least enought to bring the house down to a comfortable level for most of the next day. Typical wall insulation around here is R-32 and many homes have R-70 attic insulation. which sure seems to help even things out.

Back