diy solar

diy solar

Our NEW GO-TO LiFePO4 vendor...09.20.21

I wish they would use M8 instead of the M6. That alone would make a significant improvement!

48V pack, 8kW inverter.
Just one battery pack for the 8KW Inverter?
Are you going to run 8KW just for short time?
48V 230Ah pack is not going run very long with 8KW load on the output of the inverter, the power input to the Inverter will be about 8KW/0.85 = 9.41KW, so the current at 48V (at low Voltage) = 9.41KW/48V = 196A, you are also going to need 250A BMS at the very least.

Two packs. I am not expecting to run 8kw for any sustained period (l expect to remain under half that most times, and likely less than that), but I am wanting to be sure that if I do pull max amount, worst case scenario, that nothing melts down.

Two packs. I am not expecting to run 8kw for any sustained period (l expect to remain under half that most times, and likely less than that), but I am wanting to be sure that if I do pull max amount, worst case scenario, that nothing melts down.
Worst case will be 200A pull from one pack if the other pack went into shutdown.

Exactly. Odds of that happening are slim, BUT if it did happen I don't want something melting down.

I don't think so.

not this one?

not this one?
Sorry no, its listed on my invoice as "JBD 7-20S 200A smart BMS with bluetooth"

I just got in 64 280Ah EVE cells from Doucan. I live off-grid and will be replacing my FLA's with these (excited!).

What kind of materials/setups are folks rigging up to compress the batteries (for those who do compress)?

I'm either building a snug box for them, or a couple end plates with threaded rods (more likely, since I can't seem to make an accurate cut to save my life).

Search for "compression" in title. Many threads on it, e.g.

I just got in 64 280Ah EVE cells from Doucan. I live off-grid and will be replacing my FLA's with these (excited!).

What kind of materials/setups are folks rigging up to compress the batteries (for those who do compress)?
I'm planning on using the Seplos case that's specifically built for this.

Back