diy solar

diy solar

Steve_S update.

Awesome news Steve, I'm glad to hear you're doing better! Also that nothing was stolen. Are you going to report your trespassing evidence to the police?

WOOT! Welcome back!

Whew! After seeing your post I was thinking about the homestead here and figuring most thieves are lazy there wasn't much they'd take except the kayak. So, thinking about taking a page from your book...

...and putting a little sign on the hitch that says, "Smile, the videos go to the cloud" on it. ; -)
See, you still have lots to teach us.

Keep hanging tough!
Sadly the Video Tech (Infrared etc) I have strung all around is NOT capable of going to web, as the Satellite is only on when I am home and the tech is 2016 stuff. I installed several after the "Baddies" who were my verified suspects had set a fire on this land 1 week after I took possession and started clearing the required areas. When that happened & went to the OPP (Ontario Provincial Police) to report what & who did it, and they are Very Well Known to Law Enforcement here. They recommended the Video Setup, some visible while others not.

The OPP Sargent "told them" prior to their "Holiday behind bars" I was REALLY the wrong guy to fuck with, they SAW my Military CPIQ info and basically told them that if they mess with me, they will bring body bags for them. The Police KNOW Who I am and what I can do.

Are you going to report your trespassing evidence to the police?
Those that Need to Know, now Know.... ;-)

Great news. The lifestyle/diet stuff seems shocking and unsustainable at first.

As with most things, it get normalized in a couple of weeks, if you can stand it that long.

All the best. Glad you got a reprieve.

Good news. Cancer is insidious, eh?
We're going through this, but it's not as deleterious - wife at 37 beat lymphoma, now 21 years later it's back. She just finished her first 3-week round of chemo, it's much less invasive than the CHOP from the last stint, and she's doing well, 3 more sessions scheduled. All blood work is normal, a couple of swollen lymph nodes. Monthly rituxan infusion - monoclonal antibodies. We've covered our $9K annual out-of-pocket max already, with the scans and test. Eight grand for a PET scan.

Most of the rest of the family gone from cancer. I often wonder what keeps me going. I told her I didn't work my butt off to get to retirement and spend it alone, so she better get better. I have another year, a couple for her. :love:

good to hear you can move back home Steve.
Hopefully your diet changes and medication helps you move forward....
also good to hear they left your stuff relatively alone....

I am glad to hear that you are doing better, Steve.

I'm watching my 95 year old mother go through dementia and a failing body, so getting old isn't always the best way either. Going out like Clint Eastwood in "Gran Torino" wouldn't be the worst way.

This reminds me of my favorite morbid joke (please forgive me if morbid jokes are too morbid considering the situation, but this one has a bit of truth to it):

When I die, I want to go quietly and peacefully in my sleep, just like Grandpa did.
Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car.

@Steve_S totally missed this thread, but I'm damn glad to hear you're back.
Thanks, my friend. It's good to have the chance to finish up a few things here before the "Game is Over" which is only a few sort months now. It feels good that I will be able to get some of the key detail stuff done for everyone's benefit. Was quite Busy Today (20th) getting some posts & other material completed & others put together. May want to check out the stuff I posted. Even managed to get a few important things done around the house, forced by the Temps which hit 41C / 88% Humid with the crap that was dumped on us on top... Humidex is Nasty !

Take Care and have fun ;-)
Steve

Thanks, my friend. It's good to have the chance to finish up a few things here before the "Game is Over" which is only a few sort months now. It feels good that I will be able to get some of the key detail stuff done for everyone's benefit. Was quite Busy Today (20th) getting some posts & other material completed & others put together. May want to check out the stuff I posted. Even managed to get a few important things done around the house, forced by the Temps which hit 41C / 88% Humid with the crap that was dumped on us on top... Humidex is Nasty !

Take Care and have fun ;-)
Steve

With all these reports of high temps, I feel pretty fortunate to live in Phoenix. It's pretty much just a normal summer for us, but with a wee bit more humidity, but nothing like 88%. Can't imagine what that's like that far north. Nuts!

Dang! You've been busy posting! I'll check it out.

I wish for you to have as much time as you need or want.

Take care,

Steve

I heard on the news that over 1000 people died in Spain due to the heat wave.
@Steve_S , wishing you well over the trying times. Still wanted to visit you on our next trip
to Algonquin.
Best regards and thanks for all your valuable contributions to this lovely forum.

I heard on the news that over 1000 people died in Spain due to the heat wave.
@Steve_S , wishing you well over the trying times. Still wanted to visit you on our next trip
to Algonquin.
Best regards and thanks for all your valuable contributions to this lovely forum.
Pierre I would like that, see Private Message for a shocker for a fellow Canuck.

Steve.

I have just read the posts.

Best wishes to you, I don't quite know what to say, I will wish you well, its a tough road but all of life is a tough road.

You have been a very knowledgeable source over the years and I thank you for all that you have shared. Not only here but on other forums as well.

David...

Terrible Update.

I'm BACK in the hospital !
Full return with all the Bad & worse of course. Next of kin are now involved and more. Prognosis is NOT GOOD as I'm going into private ICU. A huge pile of stuff added to previous. Both lungs & More.

Will update more tomorrow.

Sorry to hear this Steve. You set suitable traps back at the homestead to catch the thieves, right?

Back