diy solar

diy solar

5 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

Hah, same as me. I’ve got a 3kW 24VDC 120VAC inverter fed by a 60A Epever SCC powered by a 3P1S solar string (all mounted on a sheet of plywood).

Do you have any DC-coupled PV powering that SCC and if so, what voltage?
I did but those panels are now on the ground mount. I've fed it anywhere from 28 - 12x volts over the various strings I've connected. I have 2 more 315w Qcells in the garage I could hook up.
Figured that’s what the ‘PA’ in your handle might mean…

According to this: https://www.iso-ne.com/static-asset...112014/inverter_manufacturers_perspective.pdf

Normal Operation is 58.5Hz to 60.5Hz, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about at 59.X hertz…
Thank you.
If you are interested to try to test a grid-tied inverter running off of your SRNE hybrid, send me a PM and we can brainstorm off-line…
Let me think about it and get some other projects I have in front of me checked off the list.

@42OhmsPA

This inverter has two mppts right? What's the maximum voltage per string? Thanks
Yes. I'm running 9s2p 315w q cells to mppt 2 and 6s2p 305w neons to mppt 1.
Technically I'm over paneled on 2 by 170w lol.

Mppt 1 (S ground mount) is making more power than mppt 2 (S and W roofs) most of the day since it's angled appropriately.

It was pretty fascinating and irritating seeing how much angle affects production...

Thanks @GOO5E .

22a per string. 500v max per. Operational range 125-425. 5500w 100a each controller

Photos attached are:
A snapshot around 2pm yesterday, I worked it good all day.
Meter checking frequency with dryer cycling yesterday.
The voltages that aren't scaled correctly under inverter settings in SA. I alerted SA to this and they are planning to correct it shortly.

Attachments

• IMG_20231001_134324__01.jpg
    IMG_20231001_134324__01.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20230927_163202.jpg
    IMG_20230927_163202.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_20231001_142254.jpg
    IMG_20231001_142254.jpg
    455.5 KB · Views: 31
Photos attached are:
A snapshot around 2pm yesterday, I worked it good all day.
Meter checking frequency with dryer cycling yesterday.
The voltages that aren't scaled correctly under inverter settings in SA. I alerted SA to this and they are planning to correct it shortly.
Nice! What all did you have running with some of those load spikes? The dryer and what else? Have you overloaded it yet?

Nice! What all did you have running with some of those load spikes? The dryer and what else? Have you overloaded it yet?
The rest of the house. Other big loads at that time would have been the water distiller and maybe dehumidifier plus the fridge and freezer compressors if they were running.
I have not overloaded it. I have seen 90+% load on one leg and under 10% on the other with 0 issues, this makes sense since it's essentially two 5ks in one box.

I decided to pull the trigger at 1245 ddp from China 8 days delivery via DHL, pretty excited for it to get here, will let y'all know how it goes but I'm expecting good things I have a few other srne inverters that I have had running for over a year now with 0 issues.

I decided to pull the trigger at 1245 ddp from China 8 days delivery via DHL, pretty excited for it to get here, will let y'all know how it goes but I'm expecting good things I have a few other srne inverters that I have had running for over a year now with 0 issues.
Interesting thread, I have been following along.
Did anyone see/know the standby idle consumption on the SRNE 5kW?

I haven't seen a spec for the 5kw idle, logically it should be ~50% of the 10kw.

@Herculezz where did you order from? That's a great price, makes me want to order another one...

I haven't seen a spec for the 5kw idle, logically it should be ~50% of the 10kw.

@Herculezz where did you order from? That's a great price, makes me want to order another one...
I got it from Abby directly from srne on Alibaba, although she did the order from a diff company but all the same I suppose, also what awg are u using battery to this beast? 4/0?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231007-191754.png
    Screenshot_20231007-191754.png
    124.3 KB · Views: 24
I got it from Abby directly from srne on Alibaba, although she did the order from a diff company but all the same I suppose, also what awg are u using battery to this beast? 4/0?
Thanks, looks like the price dropped since I ordered, mine showed it came from a different company as well with no issues.

It's currently hooked up with 1AWG marine rated from Greg's marine wire but that will be replaced with 2/0 welding cable since I have it laying around. The 1AWG barely gets warmer than ambient while I'm running the dryer.
I have my eye on some 4/0 that may go to the recycling pile at work but I think it's overkill for my short runs (I like overkill).

I should be able to test in the next week, possibly today. I think it will.
If you can add to that test under normal operation (not standby), if there is no power input available and batteries depleted where the inverter shuts down, will the inverter start up again when AC and/or PV is available on it's own. Thinking long term grid down situation.

I may pull the trigger myself to replace an MPP Solar LVX6048.

Will this this work without solar? Long story, but I currently charge from AC only.

I don't miss mine at all...

Yes. You can also program charging schedules if you have different rates from your provider.
I don't have different rates, but my grid tied (10kw) systems was "professionally" installed. I don't want to mess with it and void my warranties.

Right now I have once 30A circuit from the mains to bypass to a critical loads panel, or charge the batteries. Been running fine with the exception of a couple tolerable issues.

Does the SRNE create a neutral ground bond when running on batteries like the LVX6048 does?

When I search Alibaba for this I get tons of different suppliers. How did others choose?

Mind boggling options.

diy solar

diy solar
Back