diy solar

diy solar

5 MWh SRNE ASF48100U200-H 10kw.

I wish the sampling rate were faster... That 8.2kw peak was the well pump kicking on while the washer and dryer were running.
All the small peaks after the first dryer cycle are the washing machine running while I made dozens of cuts with the miter saw.
The videos above were taken during the 2nd dryer cycle.
This Inverter seems rock solid from all you’ve posted. Can’t wait to see what others think as a few members have them in hand now it seems.

Well I wish I had ordered 2 spare LF230s instead of 1...
17 AESC 305s fit damned near perfect on my soon to be finished diy battery rack.

17s would work great with the 40v-60v range of the SRNE (I don't charge above 3.5v/ cell) and give me ~2.25kwh of additional capacity... Might have to contact Jenny and see if the female studded terminals are in TX ?.

The rack will be 3 tiers and tuck in underneath the wire trough giving me a super short run of 2/0.

I really wish I didn't have to work in the morning, time to relax and catch up on the forum ?

Ps I really hope that Class T shows up from AltE, whoever they are drop shipping from stinks and I'm kicking myself for not ordering the alternate fuse from Current Connected knowing it would have been here long ago...

Attachments

• IMG_20231010_203317.jpg
    IMG_20231010_203317.jpg
    657.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20231010_174131.jpg
    IMG_20231010_174131.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24
If you haven't heard they are selling this same model now ? ... I might have a TP6048 for sale too, haven't decided yet.
I haven't decided which model I will go with for the others yet. I want one more tp6048 and I may go larger for the ones I'll use for crypto.

I haven't decided which model I will go with for the others yet. I want one more tp6048 and I may go larger for the ones I'll use for crypto.
Link to crypto build???

And no fan.
Ambient noise would have been a small fan to circulate air and I can't remember if the dehumidifier was running.
wow pretty quiet. thanks for this. I do have one additional question. You posted a picture of your main and sub panel but it difficult to follow each line. How are the grounds and neutrals bonded, if at all. Could you explain how you did it or have any idea of the internal bond? I think you are bonded at the main panel but i am not 100% sure

wow pretty quiet. thanks for this. I do have one additional question. You posted a picture of your main and sub panel but it difficult to follow each line. How are the grounds and neutrals bonded, if at all. Could you explain how you did it or have any idea of the internal bond? I think you are bonded at the main panel but i am not 100% sure
N/G bond is in the main service disconnect on the opposite side of the house. There is no bond in any other panels, I removed one in the smaller panel when I rewired.
I still need to test the SRNE for bonding, in all output states, but I'm not 100% certain on how to do it. I will get to it but it's lower on the never ending list since everything is working fine.

ok i mistook the panel on the left for your main panel. Left me a little confused.

Last edited:
I thought maybe you had some boujee farm room lol
Well I do plan on dedicating most of a 2 car garage to it shortly but nothing fancy so far.

I'll do a build thread when I get to that level of mining :)

Realized I done f'd up... It will be interesting fitting a compression fixture with the width I decided on, oops. I'll roll with it and figure it out as I go. This winter I hope to figure out freecad well enough to design ahead for the next big projects...

Ps the SRNE had no issues running the table saw ripping down 4' of 2x.

Attachments

• IMG_20231011_164745.jpg
    IMG_20231011_164745.jpg
    583.4 KB · Views: 22
Realized I done f'd up... It will be interesting fitting a compression fixture with the width I decided on, oops. I'll roll with it and figure it out as I go. This winter I hope to figure out freecad well enough to design ahead for the next big projects...

Ps the SRNE had no issues running the table saw ripping down 4' of 2x.
How much space do you have at the end of the shelf?

How much space do you have at the end of the shelf?
I have enough at the ends, couple inches, it's the 1/4" gap on the sides that will make things extremely tight for my original plan of some vinyl coated wire, eye bolts and strut. I was going to use the threads on the eye bolts to draw the wire taught. (I hope that makes sense)
Now I'm thinking I'll just box them in to the frame to stop expansion.
It's only the 305s that will be the issue, my original plan will work fine with the 230s.
I'll have it figured out before the weekend is over.
Damned class T hasn't showed up yet. I have a case opened with AltE but there has been no progress, I'll call tomorrow and see what's going on.

I have enough at the ends, couple inches, it's the 1/4" gap on the sides that will make things extremely tight for my original plan of some vinyl coated wire, eye bolts and strut. I was going to use the threads on the eye bolts to draw the wire taught. (I hope that makes sense)
Now I'm thinking I'll just box them in to the frame to stop expansion.
It's only the 305s that will be the issue, my original plan will work fine with the 230s.
I'll have it figured out before the weekend is over.
Damned class T hasn't showed up yet. I have a case opened with AltE but there has been no progress, I'll call tomorrow and see what's going on.
I’m trying to visualize your plan, I think I get it except for the strut. You’ll figure it out. I like the cutting boards on the bottom by the way…?

I bought two Outback class T holders with 300 amp fuses on eBay about 5 weeks ago. If you used PayPal, open a case…that will get their attention.

I’m trying to visualize your plan, I think I get it except for the strut. You’ll figure it out. I like the cutting boards on the bottom by the way…?
Added an awesome visual... Strut is red, cable is yellow, eye bolt green.
Yea, they are a great price at sams club and have an added bonus of making it look like snow on the driveway after ripping down with a table saw ?
I bought two Outback class T holders with 300 amp fuses on eBay about 5 weeks ago. If you used PayPal, open a case…that will get their attention.

Thanks for the tip. I'm not ready for a case yet, I've read good things about them and they got bonus points for shipping NEC compliant stickers for free. Everything else I ordered came in days so I can only assume they are drop shipping the fuses.

Attachments

• IMG_20231010_203317__01.jpg
    IMG_20231010_203317__01.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 11

Attachments

• PXL_20231012_014620084~2.jpg
    PXL_20231012_014620084~2.jpg
    848.4 KB · Views: 20
  • PXL_20231012_015126123~2.jpg
    PXL_20231012_015126123~2.jpg
    911.8 KB · Views: 21
  • PXL_20231012_021256555.jpg
    PXL_20231012_021256555.jpg
    767.5 KB · Views: 22
  • PXL_20231012_021209043.jpg
    PXL_20231012_021209043.jpg
    676.9 KB · Views: 21
N/G bond is in the main service disconnect on the opposite side of the house. There is no bond in any other panels, I removed one in the smaller panel when I rewired.
I still need to test the SRNE for bonding, in all output states, but I'm not 100% certain on how to do it. I will get to it but it's lower on the never ending list since everything is working fine.
Interested in your findings on this. You basically just don't want to see what @SolarShenanigans sees here right? @1;00
EG4 6500EX Based Off Grid Solar System

Interested in your findings on this. You basically just don't want to see what @SolarShenanigans sees here right? @1;00
EG4 6500EX Based Off Grid Solar System
I'd say what he sees in that video between the 1:00 and 2:00 minute mark is true if you completely disconnect all AC IN and Ground from Main panel. If you only disconnect L1 (breaker flip) and leave N and G should be fine as the bond is back in the main.

I'd say what he sees in that video between the 1:00 and 2:00 minute mark is true if you completely disconnect all AC IN and Ground from Main panel. If you only disconnect L1 (breaker flip) and leave N and G should be fine as the bond is back in the main.
Rigid conduit is installed incorrectly.

A few other thing I noticed but whatever.

As for the voltage he was seeing, he did not have what appears to a N from the main panel connected and thus there isn't any path to N-G bond.

One thing I don't care for is mixing N and G wires on the busbars. I looked for how this is really bonded, I don't see a green screw but can't tell if there is a jumper between the 2 busbars in the main panel.

I'm sure I can find more things.....

diy solar

diy solar
Back