diy solar

diy solar

Eg4 inverter future

Sounds promising.
$1,400
Sounds real promising for a project I'm about to do. The 2 questions I'd need answered:

#1) Are batteries required
#2) If this was used to AC couple with a grid-tied hybrid inverter, would it respond to the shifting frequency changes to curtail output

If batteries are optional and it works in an AC Coupled scenario, I may have just found my project inverter.

Two of them will get you the same output as the 18kpv, for almost half of the price.
And you can parallel up to 16 units.
to be fair the wiring cost for 200A service entrance in and out is around $1k at least value
600v is nice
and technically the net cost is $5099 vs $2800, because of the $500off 18k with EG4 batts

it's not really clear in the manual what the setting for combining the MPPT input does.

to be fair the wiring cost for 200A service entrance in and out is around $1k at least value
You include the service entrance wiring?
and technically the net cost is $5099 vs $2800, because of the $500off 18k with EG4 batts
I was only comparing units. Not bundle discounts.
You would also have to also purchase the battery, for the discount.

This is exactly what I was looking for! I didnt plan to grid tie but wanted the code compliance of the 18k (though I'll have to wait for these to become listed I guess) I can only fit about 20 panels on my roof so again, 18k was overkill. Wooohooo!!!! Lettuce hope that its a solid unit. Cant wait to hear from SolarEnvy.

This is exactly what I was looking for! I didnt plan to grid tie but wanted the code compliance of the 18k (though I'll have to wait for these to become listed I guess) I can only fit about 20 panels on my roof so again, 18k was overkill. Wooohooo!!!! Lettuce hope that its a solid unit. Cant wait to hear from SolarEnvy.
I had a single 6000xp running my house for 3 days straight. No issues. But realize the limitations of a single 6k watt unit.

Here is a single leg running 2,700 watts and zero on leg 2.
Screenshot_20231025_185931_Edge.jpg

Looks like it’s got a lot of promising aspects to it. Reasonable price to boot.

diy solar

diy solar
Back