diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Honest Customer Service Experience

Sorry for your trouble.

it’s a common theme here.
I'd really like to know everything that was changed from the stock LV6548... You hardly see any complaints about them.

@Kennyh327 would you happen to be running Solar Assistant or the dreaded watchpower, do you have any logs you can share that would help troubleshoot what's happening?

@FilterGuy can you explain what “low bus voltage” means?
I can't say for sure, so my guess is speculation. I am guessing it means the internal DC bus is not high enough. (This is different than the battery voltage. ) This kind of error is often unrecoverable. One common cause of this type of error is if the batteries are run open loop and suddenly shut off. The sudden change in current can cause a voltage spike on the internal bus that can damage components.

I'd really like to know everything that was changed from the stock LV6548... You hardly see any complaints about them.

@Kennyh327 would you happen to be running Solar Assistant or the dreaded watchpower, do you have any logs you can share that would help troubleshoot what's happening?
I do have Solar Assistant and WatchPower but I wouldn't know what to share. It's just a huge list of numbers.
Interesting side note. Don't tell SS you use Solar Assistant. After all the tests we did and the tech said he knew the problem and I had to send the unit in for repair, then they ignored my issue and started making dumb requests that had nothing to do with my issue. When they found out I had Solar Assistant and the techs near exact words were "oh I didn't know you had that, that's your problem right there. Solar Assistant does not work with our inverters. It messes with the operation of them".

I do have Solar Assistant and WatchPower but I wouldn't know what to share. It's just a huge list of numbers.
Interesting side note. Don't tell SS you use Solar Assistant. After all the tests we did and the tech said he knew the problem and I had to send the unit in for repair, then they ignored my issue and started making dumb requests that had nothing to do with my issue. When they found out I had Solar Assistant and the techs near exact words were "oh I didn't know you had that, that's your problem right there. Solar Assistant does not work with our inverters. It messes with the operation of them".
Good grief. They need to get over solar assistant already. But I guess that means you have to worry about real problems if you can't blame solar assistant.....

Did you check the JK BMS app to see if there were any alerts? Also what is the discharge limit you have set for the JK BMS?

So you'd need to hit about 7500W to trip it. Have you measured what the surge of the AC is? Even when you say it is "running" the compressor can be turning on and off.
I found 2 answers online. One said 2900 surge the other said possibly between 3000 - 4000w.
I do have 2 inverters running split so it should handle at least 6500 Watts each.

I found 2 answers online. One said 2900 surge the other said possibly between 3000 - 4000w.
I do have 2 inverters running split so it should handle at least 6500 Watts each.
The inverters do have the over-load shutdown feature so I wonder why it would Low Buss Voltage error instead of overload error if it were in fact an overload.

The inverters do have the over-load shutdown feature so I wonder why it would Low Buss Voltage error instead of overload error if it were in fact an overload.
I'm referring to you hitting the discharge limit of the BMS and it temporarily disconnecting the battery.

Surge is typically about 4-6X run, so if you're A/C runs at 2,000W, it's surging to somewhere around 10,000W. One needs to measure it with a meter that has an INRUSH function. The "MAX" function isn't fast enough.

Checked the battery history. The highest amps draw was 50.

Seems pretty impossible when you state both A/C and microwave were running at the same time. A 1000W microwave burns 1600W.

That's 3600W/51.2V/.9 = 78A assuming absolutely nothing else was running.

Surge is typically about 4-6X run, so if you're A/C runs at 2,000W, it's surging to somewhere around 10,000W. One needs to measure it with a meter that has an INRUSH function. The "MAX" function isn't fast enough.

Seems pretty impossible when you state both A/C and microwave were running at the same time. A 1000W microwave burns 1600W.

That's 3600W/51.2V/.9 = 78A assuming absolutely nothing else was running.
Info coming from Solar Assistant so it must not be the most accurate software. Check back 7 days and still said highest draw is 55-ish.

I can't say for sure, so my guess is speculation. I am guessing it means the internal DC bus is not high enough. (This is different than the battery voltage. ) This kind of error is often unrecoverable. One common cause of this type of error is if the batteries are run open loop and suddenly shut off. The sudden change in current can cause a voltage spike on the internal bus that can damage components.

That darn open loop again.

Checked the BMS and it is listed as a max continuous discharge of 200 amp and max of 350 amp. Plus no errors from the BMS that I've seen. Still seems more an inverter malfunction than anything else.

Back