diy solar

diy solar

Signature solar horrible customer service

Just silly.

You want the harbor freight predator 3000 watt inverter generator to perform and last as long long as the 3000 inverter honda.

It should operate just as smooth, start just as easy, be just as quiet, have the same longevity, parts availability and customer service you get from Honda.

Just silly.

You want the harbor freight predator 3000 watt inverter generator to perform and last as long long as the 3000 inverter honda.

It should operate just as smooth, start just as easy, be just as quiet, have the same longevity, parts availability and customer service you get from Honda.
I remember when Honda made junk. Throw away motorcycles. The screws would snap strip out.... junk metal. The saying was cheap "JAP JUNK."
Taiwan made cheap junk at one time same for Korea same will be said of China. All natural state of progression if they strive for quality

Japanese had Deming to thank for their quality

I remember when Honda made junk. Throw away motorcycles. The screws would snap strip out.... junk metal. The saying was cheap "JAP JUNK."
Taiwan made cheap junk at one time same for Korea same will be said of China. All natural state of progression if they strive for quality

japenese had Deming to thank for their quality

It's a different animal.

You can only cut corners so much until quality and durability and ease of use begin to become sacrificed.

These guys complaining need to man up and spend the dough on stuff they will be happy with and will perform to their liking.

Instead they want to facilitate the race to the bottom by purchasing the cheapest equipment possible without considering anything else.

So in your world do you hold every single company that imports items for sale from China to the same standard and do you go to support forums for those products and raise hell in there too? I deal with high end expensive medical equipment from Leica in Germany and their manuals suck too because of a thing called "difficulties in translation" but I don't see Leica USA rewriting any of their documentation. It's impractical to expect a reseller to write new manuals for every item they sell. I guess you should go on a rampage against Amazon and demand that they write new manuals for every Chinese product that they import and sell since all of those items come with the same poorly translated manuals. Lets see how far you get with that!
You have a point on the manuals but IMHO this is because comapanies are not held to a higher standard. It should be mandatory that the manufactures produce coherent documentation for the markets they sell in and vendors should enforce it. Personally, I think a regulatory body should enforce this and I hate saying this as I despise government. In the case of integrating something into your homes electrical infrastructure it should be well documented...and frankly required to pass a QA/safety test like UL or something similar. Today we have AI...and just recently chatgpt was released. That could take a Chinese manual and rewrite it in good fluent English , not chinglish, in a second or two. If you haven't seen what they are doing with chatgpt check it out.

The original poster needs to try the EG4 Company Website if the official distributor Signature Solar is not helping. Their complaint needs to be logged with EG4
OP's issue was resolved today. This thread went sideways, but it made things happen. We actually were able to resolve a couple issues based on this thread.

I know it got a little sideways here but these threads end up being productive. They help me learn what problems people are seeing frequently and issues get addressed. Sometimes a little frustration can help us turn the corner in areas that need work. I appreciate both sides of these conversations because it really puts things into perspective. Without the orcs and trolls, Frodo would have had a real boring walk to Mordor.

SS came to be because our owner had the vision that everyone that wants to go solar should be able to reasonably afford to do so. That vision is never going to change, no matter how much noise is in the background.

Just silly.

If you follow the outdoor / offgrid world on youtube there's lots of people that have predator generators that have thousands of hours on them and run fine. I have one..it starts every time on the first or second pull. And, guess what..if it shits the bed harbor freight is right down the road and they give me a new one no questions asked. Is it as good as a Honda ..maybe not but the vendor stands behind the purchase. Before you flip this around and be like.."oh you expect your preator to perform like a cummins on harbor freight budget".........umm NO.

If you follow the outdoor / offgrid world on youtube there's lots of people that have predator generators that have thousands of hours on them and run fine. I have one..it starts every time on the first or second pull. And, guess what..if it shits the bed harbor freight is right down the road and they give me a new one no questions asked. Is it as good as a Honda ..maybe not but the vendor stands behind the purchase. Before you flip this around and be like.."oh you expect your preator to perform like a cummins on harbor freight budget".........umm NO.

How long is the warranty on the predator?

I'm trying to suss out what you're after. You're willing to risk cheaper stuff so long as you can return it and get a new one easily?

OP's issue was resolved today. This thread went sideways, but it made things happen. We actually were able to resolve a couple issues based on this thread.

I know it got a little sideways here but these threads end up being productive. They help me learn what problems people are seeing frequently and issues get addressed. Sometimes a little frustration can help us turn the corner in areas that need work. I appreciate both sides of these conversations because it really puts things into perspective. Without the orcs and trolls, Frodo would have had a real boring walk to Mordor.

SS came to be because our owner had the vision that everyone that wants to go solar should be able to reasonably afford to do so. That vision is never going to change, no matter how much noise is in the background.
It's amazing that this forum still seems to be your final catch net for all the issues that get out of hand. It's so crazy to STILL not be able to prevent this when every other solar company i know of can nip these problems in the bud. Maybe the tactical tech team that James is so proud of doesn't work huh? I thought you had some new system in place to prevent these issues?

And to pretend that all of us who have had negative experiences with your companies service or products is somehow a troll? Lots of us have spent thousands with you guys and you resort to name calling. GREAT look for a company!

I rarely jump into these threads anymore because they just aren't worth my time but every now and then you guys deserve the attention because you still suck at customer service so bad.

There in lies a whole other piece of pie. All these ppl wanting a green planet need to complain - STOP these companies from making land fill throw away junk. Junk knife vs good knife is not a great deal of difference. Think about it. Old saying is a nickel difference. ?

Midnight Solar more or less put their name on what appears to be a couple of POWMR inverters and charge a lot more.
Hmmmm Victron is FOREIGN MADE. AS pointed out the Victron company refers you back to seller.... this is confirmed several post on internet. Why I did not buy a system from them. I prefer the old transformer tech.
I blame it on disposable diapers and lighters...throw away society. I'm being facetious but we are a throw away society. The midnight solar rebranding is what opened my eyes when I came here a few months ago looking to start researching solar. I almost bought one because midnight solar has a good reputation from what it seemed and they made stuff here; to my disappointment that used to be who they were on at least some level and products. Then I learned almost everybody was rebranding except a few tier 1 products like outback and schneider.

Reactions: D71
It's a different animal.

You can only cut corners so much until quality and durability and ease of use begin to become sacrificed.

These guys complaining need to man up and spend the dough on stuff they will be happy with and will perform to their liking.

Instead they want to facilitate the race to the bottom by purchasing the cheapest equipment possible without considering anything else.
Ppl make this seem like anyone can do it. We all get a prize. VS telling ppl you are messing with something that can kill you.... and burn your house down.
I have been messing with electrons for a long time. ? I am retired now ... got all my fingers, toes and eyes.. nothing missing or burned off.
Most ppl buying these items have no idea what they are doing or getting into. Ignorance is bliss until they start having problems. Again they dont have a clue and jumped into unknown waters.

As stated earlier I bought a cheap AIO 3048 for lowest price could find. Why spend a lot of money on potential junk. If absolutely had to have this as an off grid only setup would spend more money. This is a backup to the back up gas generator It is not feasible to purchase an entire home system at my age..... the investment would never be recouped. Plus in 15 or so years new technology will be along. I probably won't see it.....
reality bites. We are all going to die. Gun N Roses "Nobody gets out of life alive."

For my inverter they gave me a silver and black one. nice color combo. Hahaha "so pretty"?
Everything is a gamble the Victron is over rated in my book made over seas but if had to say one is better it would be old low freq designs such as victron. Maybe the grim reaper will smile at me. Hahaha I will smile back.

Attachments

• 488893C7-2324-4DB9-882C-26EB478E83F5.jpeg
    488893C7-2324-4DB9-882C-26EB478E83F5.jpeg
    252.6 KB · Views: 3

I'm trying to suss out what you're after. You're willing to risk cheaper stuff so long as you can return it and get a new one easily?
Three years and if I choose I can re-up the warranty for about $100 a year. But also don't confuse the fact it functions as it was marketed and sold to me and it has a good reputation in general out of the box.

And Ben, your profile picture is To Catch a Predator creepy. You should change it.

If you follow the outdoor / offgrid world on youtube there's lots of people that have predator generators that have thousands of hours on them and run fine. I have one..it starts every time on the first or second pull.

And I have over 20,000 trouble free hours on my 48V GYLL battery from signature solar so far if we’re throwing out anecdotal evidence.

It’s in service 24/7/365.

Of course most folks without issues don’t post about it so that can skew the optics severely.

I know koldsimer and robby had some problems in the distant past that they cannot get over and seemingly never will, but what have you bought from them that you haven’t been able to sort out ?

Last edited:

And I have over 20,000 trouble free hours on my 48V GYLL battery from signature solar so far if we’re throwing out anecdotal evidence.

Of course most folks without issues don’t post about it so that can skew the optics severely.

I know koldsimer and robby had some problems in the distant past that they cannot get over and seemingly never will, but what have you bought from them that you haven’t been able to sort out ?
So, you're saying you bought cheaper batteries from SS that don't suck? Seems like you're saying they make decent batteries for the price point despite them being cheaper than other competitors? You're proving affordable aka cheap doesn't mean it has to be crap. I'm happy it's working for you I was looking at those batteries and the trophy ones.

Three years and if I choose I can re-up the warranty for about $100 a year. But also don't confuse the fact it functions as it was marketed and sold to me and it has a good reputation in general out of the box.

Ok, so why did you buy the HF and and not the Honda?

Maybe there needs to be a forum where ppl with no problems post like you have done. Excellent info. There is lemons in everything. Appears as if the original poster is stated as dealt with and problem solved. Waiting to hear from them. Problem is ppl don't do follow ups when satisfied.

So, you're saying you bought cheaper batteries from SS that don't suck? Seems like you're saying they make decent batteries for the price point despite them being cheaper than other competitors? You're proving affordable aka cheap doesn't mean it has to be crap. I'm happy it's working for you I was looking at those batteries and the trophy ones.

Actually I was steering toward SOK but they don't do 24V.

Ok, so why did you buy the HF and and not the Honda?
It was more affordable but also has a good reputation comparable to the more expensive ones in both performance and durability proven over time. Also, the vendor stands by the product and you don't have to fuss to get resolution. And specific to this...harbor freights are everywhere so no shipping bs if I had to return one. It it had a bad rep of being junk I would not have bought it, if the vendor had a bad rep for being difficult then I wouldn't have bought it either.

It was more affordable but also has a good reputation comparable to the more expensive ones in both performance and durability proven over time. Also, the vendor stands by the product and you don't have to fuss to get resolution. And specific to this...harbor freights are everywhere so no shipping bs if I had to return one. It it had a bad rep of being junk I would not have bought it, if the vendor had a bad rep for being difficult then I wouldn't have bought it either.
You can buy 2-3 predators for what 1 Honda cost.
if you buy the warranty just load it up and as stated HF will replace.

So why does the Honda cost more? How is Hazard fright able to offer you the same product with a better warranty and customer service?

diy solar

diy solar
Back