diy solar

diy solar

Signature Solar Tech Support - Cody McHenry...ALL thumbs up! ?

TOU47

Solar Enthusiast
The short of it is...I came here to give my feedback on Signature Solar & more specifically on one of their Techs...Cody McHenry. Like another poster yesterday, I too was helped yesterday by this gentleman...he was awesome! He was patient, long suffering, helpful & stuck with me until all was resolved inspite of my newb electrical knowledge. Two thumbs up ? ? ?. Things are much better at SS, I would give more if I had more thumbs especially to Cody. ?

Now the long of it...

First, I appologize for monopolozing so much of Cody's time yesterday...but he worked through everything & I was extremely satisfied. Next, I apologize for the length of this post...feel free to skip the "rest of the story".

So, I called Signature Solar 8 months ago for some basic questions. I waited on hold more than once for 45 minutes & tried the call back option...it never works & I've never gotten a call back. I finally waited over 90 minutes & finally got to ask my quick technical questions. I also called 5 months ago & the results were very similar.

Yesterday, I finally went online with one of my EG4 6500X's inverters, four LIFEPOWER4 batteries & kit that I had bought 13 months ago. (NOTE: This is for off-grid use & I ordered everything 13 months ago.) I had a few strange code issues on my display but not numbered error codes. Things like a flashing triangled exclamation point icon, a flashing clock timer, LED bar acting erratic, occasional error 61 pop ups AND NO output power. It was actually working fine otherwise & batteries 100% charged from my 3.2kw of panels.

Cody worked through all issues & stayed on the line with me through them all with extreme patience, kindness & professionalism! While he was extremely knowledgeable, he didn't have all the answers & admitted when he didn't. (Admittedly, these were kind of uncommon issues) He paused, had me send a few photos via email & immediately sought help from somone else...while on the line. All issues resolved except power output which is obviously a big deal. ?

We agreed to reconvene in 2 hours after I was able to add some clarity through system photos & readings. HE agreed to call ME but noted it may not be exactly 2 hours due to the nature of his calls. It ended up being 3 hours but he called back as promised. This ended up working better for me anyway.

After reviewing the photos he commended my clean wiring & set up but noted one error in wiring on MY part...in my breaker panel. (I had tried to follow Will's blue print & video but it seems most use TWO inverters, not one like me.) I was also wiring for 50 amp RV plug etc.

He noted that he is NOT an electrician but recommended I look at 2 specific wires. I asked him to wait for me while I made a couple changes. He did & I finally had real power to my RV plug & power to my 5th wheel for the first time in 12 months. (We are living in while we build & then move to a larger more expanded version with 3 inverters, 22kw system etc.)

So...
------

Cody McHenry of Signature Solar

My fine Scottish Texan friend...you're my hero of the day!

I sure appreciate your hanging in there with me in working through all my codes & settings as well as helping me think through my other issues. You were patient, kind, thorough & extremely helpful as well as generous with your time. I believe we have worked through everything...even the little stuff. (I've not seen any more error 61's since the first few minutes.)

"It's alive!"...& we finally have power. Thx again & have a great week!
Ken

Here is the other gentleman that he also helped yesterday with similar results.
? ? ?

Last edited:
[deleted as no offense intended and I have absolutely no reason to introduce bad feelings]

Last edited:
The short of it is...I came here to give my feedback on Signature Solar & more specifically on one of their Techs...Cody McHenry. Like another poster yesterday, I too was helped yesterday by this gentleman...he was awesome! He was patient, long suffering, helpful & stuck with me until all was resolved inspite of my newb electrical knowledge. Two thumbs up ? ? ?. Things are much better at SS, I would give more if I had more thumbs especially to Cody. ?

Now the long of it...

First, I appologize for monopolozing so much of Cody's time yesterday...but he worked through everything & I was extremely satisfied. Next, I apologize for the length of this post...feel free to skip the "rest of the story".

So, I called Signature Solar 8 months ago for some basic questions. I waited on hold more than once for 45 minutes & tried the call back option...it never works & I've never gotten a call back. I finally waited over 90 minutes & finally got to ask my quick technical questions. I also called 5 months ago & the results were very similar.

Yesterday, I finally went online with one of my EG4 6500X's inverters, four LIFEPOWER4 batteries & kit that I had bought 13 months ago. (NOTE: This is for off-grid use & I ordered everything 13 months ago.) I had a few strange code issues on my display but not numbered error codes. Things like a flashing triangled exclamation point icon, a flashing clock timer, LED bar acting erratic, occasional error 61 pop ups AND NO output power. It was actually working fine otherwise & batteries 100% charged from my 3.2kw of panels.

Cody worked through all issues & stayed on the line with me through them all with extreme patience, kindness & professionalism! While he was extremely knowledgeable, he didn't have all the answers & admitted when he didn't. (Admittedly, these were kind of uncommon issues) He paused, had me send a few photos via email & immediately sought help from somone else...while on the line. All issues resolved except power output which is obviously a big deal. ?

We agreed to reconvene in 2 hours after I was able to add some clarity through system photos & readings. HE agreed to call ME but noted it may not be exactly 2 hours due to the nature of his calls. It ended up being 3 hours but he called back as promised. This ended up working better for me anyway.

After reviewing the photos he commended my clean wiring & set up but noted one error in wiring on MY part...in my breaker panel. (I had tried to follow Will's blue print & video but it seems most use TWO inverters, not one like me.) I was also wiring for 50 amp RV plug etc.

He noted that he is NOT an electrician but recommended I look at 2 specific wires. I asked him to wait for me while I made a couple changes. He did & I finally had real power to my RV plug & power to my 5th wheel for the first time in 12 months. (We are living in while we build & then move to a larger more expanded version with 3 inverters, 22kw system etc.)

So...
------

Cody McHenry of Signature Solar

My fine Scottish Texan friend...you're my hero of the day!

I sure appreciate your hanging in there with me in working through all my codes & settings as well as helping me think through my other issues. You were patient, kind, thorough & extremely helpful as well as generous with your time. I believe we have worked through everything...even the little stuff. (I've not seen any more error 61's since the first few minutes.)

"It's alive!"...& we finally have power. Thx again & have a great week!
Ken

Here is the other gentleman that he also helped yesterday with similar results.
? ? ?

Good job Cody. Keep up the good work

Back