diy solar

diy solar

Just Place new Order on Alibaba- 280AH x 8 for 1260.00 USD Delivered, Grade A to Canada

he probably means "not used"
but you are right GRADE A means new, and perfect.
you can get new and out of grade A specs.

How could you possibly claim that without testing the cells?

Calm down, they are new cells, nothing has ever been attached to the posts....thats what I am saying. Full testing within 24 hrs with video.

Calm down, they are new cells, nothing has ever been attached to the posts....thats what I am saying. Full testing within 24 hrs with video.
The top cover has not been replaced and they have not been rewrapped. All cells so far are within 0.02 V of each other so seem well matched.

I can't believe it. My batteries arrived today as promised, that's 12 days after payment. I have opened one of the three boxes, very well packed and the cell I have looked at is brand new, definitely grade A Cells. I will do an unpacking video and a full capacity test today and post. So far everything as promised. WOW
Good news... now after 4 pages of discussion, please put a link with these so everyone knows exactly which cells your talking about.
At present, I am tossed up between the Deligreen CATL 200AH cells or those 280AH ones from that other vendor which I am assuming are the ones you got. $2144 including S&H for 16 cells for 2x 8S packs @ 24VDC/280AH each.

A suggestion: as this thread grew a life of it's own and meandered all over the place (which made it semi hard to follow through), maybe it would be good to start a thread on these " 280AH LifePo4 Cells delivered to Canada, (Received and being assembled)" or something like that.

BTW: Ignore the nitpickers, we want the "meat" of the story ! LOL

These : https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-ta-b.0.0.5f8d2fc2Tnn1ty

Yes these are the ones, i purchased 2 packs of 4 for 1132$ (shipment included) for a 24V 280 Ah battery.
the problem is most of value of the battery is invisible.
Probably the formula of the chemical inside can vary.For exemple Dell laptop batteries have a problem since 2 or 3 years.
they inflate very fast, even before the first year under warranty.
Dell always denied to have a problem, but now they replace inflated batteries even way after the first year. You just need to say they "puffed".
We had the same problem with capacitor 15 years ago. A huge quantity of chemical capacitor reached the market and they were
defective because the electrolyte formula was stolen form another manufacturer, and poorly copied. So capacitors were leaking after a few month of use. You had tons of defective equipement after a few use that could be easily fixed by replacing the capacitors.

So the batteries we purchased could be perfectly ok, but limited to a charge /discharge curve that is narrower than a Grade A product (MIL-spec ?).
like do not discharge over 1C or not charge over .5C.
Sometime it could be just a specs that is special and uncommon, so they need to produce a lot to reach the price for a customer and try to get rid the excess in Alibaba market.
or a huge order from customer that has been cancelled, so they got to get rid of stock before the product is too old.

Last edited:
Probably the formula of the chemical inside can vary.For exemple Dell laptop batteries have a problem since 2 or 3 years.
they inflate very fast, even before the first year under warranty.
Dell always denied to have a problem, but now they replace inflated batteries even way after the first year. You just need to say they "puffed".
OK, Dell does NOT use LFP in their laptops (no one does btw), those are either 18650 NMC or LiPoly cells depending on model of lappie and THAT is also ancient history in the grand scheme of things. Tossing such FUD about serves no purpose other than to be an echo chamber for nonsense and confuse people. There are MANY different chemistries and they all have different needs, requirements and have different tolerances, just because they are Lithium Based does not mean they are the same, far from it.

if even dell (with all the quality check at all levels) can FUBAR with something as simple as a lipoly batteries, you can imagine what could happens by purchasing unknown product for an unknow small chinese company.
You can also find Gems. So cross finger , the truth is in the puddle.
Even if my order is average quality, at that price i will order 4 packs more.

I also received 8 of these EVE 280ah cells today. (about 4 week delivery for me). they are also grade A. each cell measures 3.28 volts exactly. all the QR codes are intact. big monster cells let me tell you. but they will fit really well in to the group 31 battery case's I have for them. Dave...
here are a couple of quick photos after I unpacked them.

cell2.jpg

cell1.jpg

The same can apply to any battery purchased anywhere, brand named etc, and by the time you discover the useful life is not as advertised they are out of warranty. At the price I got these cells at, way less than lead acid equiv usable AH pricing I will still be far far ahead. Also I made my first 780AH lithium battery system 5 years ago at about 4-5 times the price per AH and at a much lower energy density. This is a steal even if
I also received 8 of these EVE 280ah cells today. (about 4 week delivery for me). they are also grade A. each cell measures 3.28 volts exactly. all the QR codes are intact. big monster cells let me tell you. but they will fit really well in to the group 31 battery case's I have for them. Dave...
here are a couple of quick photos after I unpacked them.

View attachment 6068

View attachment 6069
I am doing a capacity test on one of the cells right now, will have a report by tomorrow morning

I can't believe it. My batteries arrived today as promised, that's 12 days after payment. I have opened one of the three boxes, very well packed and the cell I have looked at is brand new, definitely grade A Cells. I will do an unpacking video and a full capacity test today and post. So far everything as promised. WOW
Mine are scheduled to be delivered on the 31st by Fedex, but I am out of town. I’m going to try and get them rerouted. I’m in my RV and need them now. ?

im going to go ahead and install them without a case or BMS. I will work on that stuff later. It doesn’t freeze much in the south. As for overcharge and over discharge, my inverter, which is my main load, alerts and cuts off before my current lead acid battery is drained, and I have a smart charger so I think I’ll be ok until the BMS arrives.

I won’t be doing a video or test right now, I’m testing much bigger batteries and inverters. Two 48v 540ah and dual 6kw SMA Inverters. I am making a video on that. I’ll post a link when it’s up.

Ralo

Attachments

• 9F72145D-33BB-42CB-8F60-49CB66DD5E4E.jpeg
    9F72145D-33BB-42CB-8F60-49CB66DD5E4E.jpeg
    77.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 6C2273D4-0D3F-4231-9872-9A9502EE0CE5.png
    6C2273D4-0D3F-4231-9872-9A9502EE0CE5.png
    224.9 KB · Views: 65
  • 3E22C2A8-E169-461D-AC23-BC8FA8A448EE.jpeg
    3E22C2A8-E169-461D-AC23-BC8FA8A448EE.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Capacity test interrupted for sleep and work. Will finish by later today, looking very good so far. Only 0.11C as load tester only does 30 amps. Staying cool, voltage as not dipped at all yet on the cell.

OK Results on first Cell Capacity Test: 105% capacity, 294 AH for the first cell tested. I am going to test another cell starting tonight.

GRADE A FULL CAPACITY NEW CELLS
thats exciting!!! that said...true test is when they are all put together and to see if the cells all stay balance from top to bottom... that will tell you a bit more about the quality of the cell i would think.

for the balance, you can use the BMS.
at that price , i would not be too finnicky and just be happy if they stay available.
I did not received my first shipment yet, but i am considering to launch another order soon, if the results are so nice.

Just spent 3 hours with sxuba rep in chat and getting things sorted.
Later today I'll be puling the trigger on 16 cells + 22 busbars (at 0.80 each including bolts).
Debating on starting a thread just for the Purchase to Delivery and the whole process with a link to this thread which sent me on my way to purchasing these 280AH cells.

So I have been following this as I've waiting a good setup in my camping car as an Aux. battery. Now im leaning toward making this into an all in one portable power generator. But one question I had for this setup using 4 cells is the BMS you all are looking at or planning on running? I did place my order this AM.

Found these. Calb CA400 $260ea., less if you buy more. 8pcs minimum $2,080. At that price it only cost double to replace my FLA set. Almost exciting, then only another 600$ ancilliary equipment and power electronics to play with the cool kids......

Ill look again in 5 years.

Mine are scheduled to be delivered on the 31st by Fedex, but I am out of town. I’m going to try and get them rerouted. I’m in my RV and need them now. ?

im going to go ahead and install them without a case or BMS. I will work on that stuff later. It doesn’t freeze much in the south. As for overcharge and over discharge, my inverter, which is my main load, alerts and cuts off before my current lead acid battery is drained, and I have a smart charger so I think I’ll be ok until the BMS arrives.

I won’t be doing a video or test right now, I’m testing much bigger batteries and inverters. Two 48v 540ah and dual 6kw SMA Inverters. I am making a video on that. I’ll post a link when it’s up.

Ralo
Nice system! The good stuff and done right. Good to see.

i took a 200A bms, because i do not plan to get more than 100Ah at once with these batteries.
running on 24V 280a is 6000w, my MPP is a 2400w one, so at best i would load 100A.

Just spent 3 hours with sxuba rep in chat and getting things sorted.
Later today I'll be puling the trigger on 16 cells + 22 busbars (at 0.80 each including bolts).
Debating on starting a thread just for the Purchase to Delivery and the whole process with a link to this thread which sent me on my way to purchasing these 280AH cells.
Murphy's Laws Interjected for me, causing a temporary delay.
I won't be able to place my order till Monday now... buggers....
Either way, I'm ordering 2 Chargery BMS8T-300A units with 200A relays, one for each 8S pack, as I will be assembling these as 24V/280AH packs to go along side the 24V/375AH pack I have now. giving me a total of 935AH.

As soon as the order is placed, I'll start a fresh thread on the SXUBA Electonrics 280AH Lifepo4 cells with a link back to this originating thread.

Yes these are the ones, i purchased 2 packs of 4 for 1132$ (shipment included) for a 24V 280 Ah battery.
Did you pay any taxes, tariff, duty or brokerage fees on top of the $1132

diy solar

diy solar
Back