diy solar

diy solar

Need EVE 280K Batteries: Luyuan? Qso? Docan? Other Companies?

Update:

I ordered from Amy Wan of Shenzhen Luyuan.

$116 USD per cell
$90 USD Shipping

With flexible busbars, bolts, cell separators.

Seems to be good value.

Happy so far.

Ordering from EVE is only a good option if you want a pallet of 40+

They directed me to a corporate forwarder for smaller shipments in the US, but this seemed too risky.

At least with Alibaba the transaction stays on the platform.

Just placed an order for 16 EVE 280ah from Jenny Wu from Docan $85 each see how it turns out coming from China. Hopefully good seen mixed reviews. She had REPT for $65 each but she said no testing datasheets said the EVE were better I went with those. She sent me these pictures.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-22 at 20.45.16_fe36ba1e.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-22 at 20.45.16_fe36ba1e.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 49
don't waste your time with eve official store they just want to make you feel poor.
Just placed an order for 16 EVE 280ah from Jenny Wu from Docan $85 each see how it turns out coming from China. Hopefully good seen mixed reviews. She had REPT for $65 each but she said no testing datasheets said the EVE were better I went with those. She sent me these pictures.

what type of testing report did she say you were getting, did she already send?

don't waste your time with eve official store they just want to make you feel poor.

what type of testing report did she say you were getting, did she already send?
She sent me this screen shot. I also ordered a JK B2A24S20P BMS for $165. She said I have 15 days to contact them after receiving for any damage. If there was other issues they would handle it. I was trying to get her to give me some written warranty I could take it to my credit card company if needed for a charge back. Ill save all communications she stated these were tested and new grade A.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-11-22 at 21.50.24_27559a2d.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-11-22 at 21.50.24_27559a2d.jpg
    764.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Dang! That's perfect what did you say the price was?
As long as your cells that match that test report you should be getting decent cells.

Last edited:
I ordered from Amy Wan of Shenzhen Luyuan.
I have been more than happy with the products purchased from Amy Wan. Arrived earlier than expected. Arrived in excellent condition. Support has been amazing!

Dang! That's perfect what did you say the price was???
$85 each x 16 $165 for the BMS totaled out with shipping to AZ and fees was $1742. If I remove the BMS and take the total divide by 16 about $98 per battery shipped. US companies are all out of stock it would be another $400 with taxes and shipping if I bought from them, I'm risking about $1200 on this. I'm hoping that my credit card will bail me out if it turns out to be a scam.

Trying to figure out a way to test these I have a good multi-chemistry charger made by Revolectrix from my RC airplanes it only goes up to 2000 watts. It has a cycle feature I don't think the discharge can go more then 20 amps rate at most. It does show internal resistance and I can get capacity reports.

Last edited:
That is good as long as you have matching qr codes, for extra safety peel back the black cover and make sure. I just hope they don't do the bs they did earlier where 1 person got grade A and the other got Grade B all depending on what type of buyer it was.

I just got a price Of A$270 per cell for grade A here in Australia. Wondering if the price on the next batch the shop buys will go down? I am willing to pay a bit more to avoid the hassle of dealing with China. (I got burned once already.) But US $ 100 = A$ 152. Big difference

I just got a price Of A$270 per cell for grade A here in Australia. Wondering if the price on the next batch the shop buys will go down? I am willing to pay a bit more to avoid the hassle of dealing with China. (I got burned once already.) But US $ 100 = A$ 152. Big difference
How the hell are are you going to buy a chinese made product without dealing with china in some way?

Indirectly. Through a supply chain of people who are equipped to deal with china.
Call it what you will... I cant see how the dealings through all the middle men can be anywhere near as efficient or fair?... Your still dealing with china.

Call it what you will... I cant see how the dealings through all the middle men can be anywhere near as efficient or fair?... Your still dealing with china.
Negotiating power. The weak link for accountability is the international transaction. As a buyer of 16 or 32 cells the china dealer doesn't lose much by telling you to get stuffed, unless they really are trying to build a brand reputation to maintain. They are not on the whole notorious for maintaining this reputation.

An importer though may have a relationship of ongoing business, and therefore a lot more pull with the china dealer to motivate the china dealer to send good cells.

Negotiating power. The weak link for accountability is the international transaction. As a buyer of 16 or 32 cells the china dealer doesn't lose much by telling you to get stuffed, unless they really are trying to build a brand reputation to maintain. They are not on the whole notorious for maintaining this reputation.

An importer though may have a relationship of ongoing business, and therefore a lot more pull with the china dealer to motivate the china dealer to send good cells.
So how many agreed on reputable venues are their through these channels?

So how many agreed on reputable venues are their through these channels?

The 5 Pillars of being a reputable supplier:

1) Must have manufacture test reports for each individual cells, and absolutely not have cells with sanded off counterfeit qr codes that have been re-lasered.
2) North American phone number & physical North American address
3) Reasonable customer support and should respond to emails or phone calls within 24-48 hours
4) They have been in business for a year or more
5) Fair prices, no they will not be as cheap as direct from China, but are reasonable considering you are getting items faster and have actual recourse vs Alibaba where there is NO recourse only credit card dispute.

You put all 5 together and you have yourself a reputable supplier. Unlike Alibaba where when they are caught, they can just start a new company and be back to start scamming in no time.

Unlike Alibaba where when they are caught, they can just start a new company and be back to start scamming in no time.
Seen that happen on Amazon & Ebay as well...
Reality Check: There are Scammers EVERYWHERE and more "schemes" to liberate people from their money than any of us can count regardless of what continent or nation you are in.

Pillar 6)
Dealing with a company (regardless of location) that has repeatedly delivered exactly what was promised with a good track record with numerous clients. You know, the "Known Good Vendors" with a good history.

Back