diy solar

diy solar

Please post your Signature Solar Customer service experiences

OnGrid

I'm thinking about placing an order with them, but there seem to be some unhappy people.

While i understand it's tough to make everyone happy, I'm curious to hear about your experiences.

I'm just not sure myself what to do.

Without writing a book please:

1) Post a one line description of the problem you had

2) Was the problem resolved?

3) HOW LONG DID IT TAKE TO RESOLVE?

This has been talked about. Quite a can of worms.

I ordered about $12,000 of product, on my first order. Had some issues with the inverter. They helped me with a firmware update. All is well. About 2 week turn around. Communication with them was good.

I've interacted with their customer service several times, and overall it's been a very good experience.

They were very helpful getting the EG4 BMS Test software running after it failed (turned out to be my hardware problem.)

They were easy to work with when I returned some stuff I had bought during my initial purchasing phase, thinking I'd need it to get permitted, but after the install was complete I hadn't needed. Months after the initial purchase I sent it back. Some places don't allow that.

My only complaint is that they didn't have information I wanted on battery internal resistance, or the ability to correct the bad date one of my EG4 LiFePOWER4 has. But they were forthright about it.

I wonder if the bad news gets talked about, while the good news less so, making it appear there is a lot of bad news.
I purchased one 48V 100Ahr rack battery, back before the EG4 branding, I needed some assistance getting international shipping and customs set up, one call and SS did the rest, and the rack battery arrived without a hitch a few weeks later. All good.

Usually people post about their bad experiences with companies more than they post about their good…
EDIT: removed extraneous editorial

Last edited:
This year I've purchased 20 panels and 6 of the EG4 5kWh batteries from them and everything has been great. I had one panel that was dinged in shipping and they gave me a credit right away and told me to keep the panel. Their policy stated I might have to go through the freight company but they didn't make me do that. I sent them an email and a picture of the ding and had a credit within a day or two. The panel, by the way, is likely to be okay but I didn't want to install it and have problems. Now I'll probably use it for lights on the barn or something. Yeah, I know this was more than one line. But not a book either. :cool:

We spent 13k with them this past summer and they seem to be 'aight. They are only humans too! 4 outta 5 starts tbh

One of four EG4 Lifepower4 48v 100 amp batteries purchased was defective. After troubleshooting with much help from Signature Solar (both online here and through email), it turned out to be a bad BMS. They sent a replacement BMS which I successfully installed and this solved the issue. This took about three weeks to troubleshoot and resolve.

Second issue with a EG4 6000EX inverter - defective mounting brackets and issue with display of power usage. This has not been completely resolved yet but Signature Solar support has been very good at giving me instructions for a work-a-round on the display issue. I have seen that there appears to be a firmware fix but I have just been too busy to pursue dealing with it.

I would not hesitate to order from Signature Solar myself as a DIYer and someone who is relatively comfortable with mechanical and electrical stuff. If you reach out for help, I believe they would be there for you.

Lost the $377 shipping fee, still in credit card dispute!
I bought 2 24V 100amp battery both with defective BMS. It also blew my victron solar charger!! Which is another $400. They did everything to troubleshoot but realized that they are defective and agreed that they need to be returned cause they are not fixable at that point. They paid for the return shipping but they refused to return the $344 shipping fee.

Will never use them again. their products are not fully baked, and u r at the risk of paying the early adopter fee. Bought different batteries (Ampere time) from eBay, it was plug and play, and was up and running immediately. I totally forgot about them for 3 month now without a single issue. Even if the ampere hour batteries were defective, they had free return shipping, signature solar, u have to go thru lengthly email support which took weeks. I'll post more in details but waiting for the outcome of the cc dispute!

I have spent 25k with them. Issues have been far and few. Customer service usually makes it right.
Turn around is anywhere from 1 day to 1 week in most circumstances.

Majority of my spend with them has been panels I drove over to pick up. So take it for what it is.

I ordered some victron stuff, they shipped it in a timely manner and i recieved it without any drama.

Great experience with good support both on the phone and through email. I ordered 2 EG4 batteries, Growatt and wires, breakers from them.

I bought two EG4 6000's, two lifepower batteries, 24 Canadian solar 455 watt bifacial panels, IMO switches and wiring. Original shipment the freight company demolished two panels. Signature Solar gave credit right away and I decided to add more panels (total of 24) to take advantage of the free shipping they offered since I was left short of enough to do what I needed to do......Some of us can't afford to go Cadillac and Signature is making it affordable to get me up and running. More power to 'em I say.

Back